Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Joy v.s. Happiness (round one)

Writing has always seemed to being me Joy. Reading as well; although i must admit that I quite enjoy being read to. However, i wonder, is it really Joy that i get from writing (typing would be a better word) down my thoughts and fantasies, or is it Happiness??
i suppose it could be just Happiness, for after a while I no longer feel it; but. . . I do always feel that spark when I'm writing. That feeling never fluctuates, but is it Joy? Many things make me Happy, such as:
  1. music
  2. bike rides in the fall
  3. autumn
  4. taking pictures
  5. piano
These things are all wonderful, but they don't keep me satisfied forever. That is where the things that bring me Joy come in:
  1. sunny days with just enough clouds to gaze at
  2. sleepovers with emma
  3. going to church
  4. loving
To many these may seem like ordinary things, but they bring me immense Joy. I guess in the end, I will just have to find if writing brings me Joy or that oh-so familiar feeling of temporary Happiness. As for now, life will go on, mixing Joy, Sadness, Anger, and Happiness together, sometimes separating them just long enough to decipher the true emotion of what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment